Title: Restoration Mechanic
Reports To: Foreman
Location: Tacoma, WA
Employment: Full-time (Overtime and Weekends when required)
- $21.00-35.00, rate dependent upon experience
- Co-pay Medical and Dental
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Flex Spending Plan
- Paid Vacation and sick days + holiday pay
Summary Description: Restoration Mechanic will work primarily with the shop to diagnose, restore and replace mechanical components and systems in project cars. Additionally, the Mechanic will work to help prepare inventory cars for sale when repairs, or light restoration is required.
Primary Position Requirements:
- Candidate must have a strong understanding of mechanical system’s and the ability to inspect and diagnose faults in individual components and systems.
- As some parts may be scarce, candidate must be able to safely and expertly disassemble, rebuild, and correctly install mechanical aspects to perfection.
- Candidate should be capable and willing to perform tasks and research independently.
- Must work in coordination with Restoration and Sales to meet goals and deadlines for the business.
- Maintain clean, orderly, and organized workspace
- Ability to work overtime when necessary
- 5-years experience working in a restoration shop is preferred
- Experience with both fuel injection and carbureted engines
- Experience with following:
- Transmissions in both manual and automatic format preferred
- Engine rotating assembly and all associated engine accessories
- Chassis, steering, and suspension systems
- Differentials and final drive systems
- Electrical systems and electrical theory
We value individuals capable of maintaining a positive “can-do” attitude, a strong work ethic and the persistence to keep trying. This means you should be able to take feedback and critique of your work patiently and with an open mind. Candidate must be self-motivated and driven to exceed expectations. Also important is a good sense of humor, ability to take direction, integrity and the curiosity and drive for constant self-improvement.
We ask that candidate provide support for industry experience through references from previous clients, employers or certifications.
Candidate will have strong written and verbal communication skills and learn quickly from failures or mistakes. Candidate will be a natural problem solver, and maintain patience and professionalism in dealings with clients.
We look for habits in candidates such as:
- Maintaining a clean workspace
- Maintaining a professional appearance
- Good management of time and deadlines
Work Environment (Fit)
- Position requires willingness and ability to work overtime when required to meet deadlines.
- Candidates should be prepared to enter a workspace dedicated to excellence and constant improvement. We value openness and honesty, and also expect feedback on what could be done better.
- We expect candidates to execute their work diligently and without prompting or hand holding.
- We value creativity and a desire to problem solve.
- We value cleanliness very highly, your work space should reflect this.
About Griot’s Motors
Griot’s Motors is a Restorations, Sales, and Service business that lives to connect great people with great cars. In all businesses, but ours especially, reputation is everything. Griot’s Motors has a reputation for:
Excellence: The ability to produce the highest quality in all that we do, and the attitude to accept nothing less.
Integrity & Honesty: We strive to consistently, transparently and reliably do the right things for our clients and employees.
Perseverance: We keep our cool and maintain the quality of work through the many and various challenges encountered.
Attitude: Smiling, positivity, laughter and encouragement are what we like. Check your ego at the door.
About the Owner
The Owner is analytical and detail oriented; you can expect to be questioned often and at length about seemingly small details. The Owner is patient and takes time to consider and weigh all options based on facts. The more facts you can provide, the better. Showing up late, unmotivated to work, or having a bad attitude will not be tolerated. The Owner is a happy, family oriented and positive person who ultimately wants to provide a workplace where other hard-working individuals can be positive and enthusiastic about what they do and have fun while doing it.